Bald Head Island Historical Tour - BOOK NOW
Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays
10:30am - 12:30pm
$30/Adult; $20/Youth; Ages 3 and Under Free
The Bald Head Island Historical Tour is a two-hour, comprehensive, island-wide experience aboard a golf cart. Your trained guide will drive across the island while discussing four centuries of Bald Head Island's history. Themes include piracy, colonization, the U.S. Lighthouse Service, U.S. Life-Saving Service, and development of Bald Head into an island resort. Your Bald Head Island Tour ticket includes admission into the Smith Island Museum of History, admission to climb Old Baldy Lighthouse, and a 10% discount in the Old Baldy Foundation gift shop. Reservations are required, space is limited. Call/Text 910-448-1472 for inquires.
Directions for Off-Island Tour Participants: You must depart Deep Point Marina (mainland ferry terminal) on the 10am ferry to Bald Head Island. There are no reservations for the Bald Head Island Ferry. Please purchase your ferry ticket upon arrival at Deep Point Marina. Your guide will greet you at the end of the dock once the 10am ferry arrives on Bald Head Island. Your tour will begin upon your arrival.
Directions for On-Island Tour Participants: Please meet your tour guide at the Bald Head Island Ferry Terminal at 10:20am.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Deep Point Marina?
- 1301 Ferry Rd SE, Southport, NC 28461
How much are ferry tickets to Bald Head?
- $23/Adult or $12/Ages 3-12. All tickets are round-trip.
Are reservations required for the ferry?
- There are no reservations for the Bald Head Island ferry. Please purchase your ticket upon your arrival to the ferry terminal.
Where is the lighthouse from the Bald Head Island Ferry Terminal?
- Old Baldy Lighthouse is a short walk from the Bald Head Island Ferry Terminal. The lighthouse is clearly visible from the ferry terminal. Head towards the lighthouse on one of the many paved roads. Should you need additional directions, please seek assistance from the transportation staff wearing blue polos.
Are ferry tickets included in my tour admission?
- All tours sponsored by the Old Baldy Foundation exclude ferry tickets. Ferry tickets are an additional expense. Please purchase ferry tickets upon your arrival to Deep Point Marina.
What should I bring on my tour?
- Sturdy walking shoes, bug spray, sun screen, water, snacks. Visiting Bald Head Island means you will be exposed to nature's elements. All seating areas at the lighthouse are outdoors. There are no seating areas inside with air conditioning/heat. Prepare as if you were day-trip hiking/camping. The lighthouse does not have vending machines.